News Out & About Town
- Check out cover model Lua of Windsor's full interview with author Vern Smith about his latest heist novel Under The Table. Special thanks, as always, to Troublelight Films for putting this all together. Full Interview.
- Check out a review of Vern Smith’s The Gimmick over on New Pop Lit.
- Join Marina Antropow Cramer for the book launch of her novella Anna Eva Mimi Adam on February 13, 2020 at Watchung Booksellers in Montclair, NJ. Visit their website for more details. If you can’t make the NJ book launch, head over to the Hudson Valley for the NY event. Marina will be launching her novella at The Barking Goose Bookstore on Sunday, February 23. Follow the link for more details. If you’re in the New Paltz, NY area, join Marina in conversation with award-winning author Roselee Blooston at Inquiring Minds Bookstore on March 15. Visit the bookstore’s website for more information on the event. If you can’t make the NJ book launch, head over to the Hudson Valley for the NY event. Marina will be launching her novella at The Barking Goose Bookstore on Sunday, February 23. Follow the link for more details.
-Congratulations to Marina Antropow Cramer! Her book Anna Eva Mimi Adam was chosen as a Great Good Reads selection for 2020.
- We attended the Brooklyn Book Festival again this year. Theodore Carter’s Scream photo op booth turned out to be a big hit–as did his novel “Stealing The Scream.
- Don’t miss Paul Alexander reading from his hilarious parenting memoir, Our Baby Was Born Premature (the same way he was conceived), in Baysville, ON this summer.
- Big congratulations to Theodore Carter, whose collection of short stories, Frida Sex Dreams and Other Unnerving Disruptions, was chosen by Broken Pencil Magazine as an INDIE PICK, SUMMER 2019.
- We’re selling audio books! Check out Mark Achtenberg’s Get Your Hero Up a Tree (How to Write a Move That Doesn’t Stink) over on AUDIBLE.
- Take a minute to check out the buzz on Arthur-Ellis-Award finalist Vern Smith over on The Michigan Daily and Cowboy Jamboree. His novel The Green Ghetto is available in stores and online February 15.
Launch night for The Green Ghetto at Bookies (Homewood). Thanks to friends and family who came out and to Keith at Bookies for the local support. A great time was had by all.
- Arthur-Ellis-Award-finalist Vern Smith gets a write up over at The Windsor Star and Set The Bar News. His novel The Green Ghetto is available in stores and online February 15.
-We’re very proud of a Fall release, Incunabulae, by Kurt Slauson. The book’s official pub date is Tuesday, August 15. Join Kurt Slauson at Shenanigans in Kelowna BC, Tuesday, August 15, for the long-awaited book launch party for Incunabulae.
-The people have spoken! Cover contest for Theodore Carter’s short story collection, Frida Sex Dreams and other Unnerving Disruptions has closed. Winners will be contacted soon. Todd, who is also a visual artist, is hosting a huge and impressive event Night of 1000 Frida’s in D.C. In the New Year, an event that will coincide with the release of his book. We’re proud and honored to be working with such a stall of creative people here at Run Amok.
-Join author Aaron Jacobs for the launch of his debut novel, The Abundant Life, at Roots Cafe (639 5th Ave Brooklyn) on August 4. Festivities begin at 6 p.m. sharp.
-For our Philly friends, head over to Main Point Books on Sept 8 @ 2:00 and meet Aaron Jacobs. You can discuss his novel, The Abundant Life, and he’ll sign it for you, too.
-Inked the deal for a nonfiction exploration of film and filmmaking by expert-in-the-field and educator, March Achtenberg. You’re gonna love it. Mark Achtenberg’s Get Your Hero up A Tree: How to Write A Movie That Doesn’t Stink is set for publication January 1, 2018. The pre- publication reviews have been terrific so far. More exciting news on the acquisition front. We just acquired Tom Pescatore’s Borroughs/Becketteque Boxcar Bop a. Look for that in late 2018.